Monday, July 22, 2013

You Know Your Psychiatrist is Awesome When...

You know your psychiatrist is awesome when you enter her office feeling like your world is falling apart and leave thinking "Dude I've got this!"

5 Reasons Dr. Mansoor is Awesome
1. She's more than willing to collaborate with my therapist. In fact, she and Miss Kathy are meeting this week because they have several patients in common besides me! Great times.

2. She's open and honest: "Are you ADD? I don't like you. Oh no! I like you, but not how things are for you right now! How are you functioning with all this anxiety??"

3. She helps me realize that some things are truly out of my control. "Don't blame yourself! Blame the medication that's not working!

4. She fluffs my ego, especially about things I didn't think I was good at it. "You have amazing will power! All this anxiety and you continue to function!"

5. Though she's not a member, she takes all my Mormonness in stride. In fact she encourages it: "You need to be a good Mormom forever!" Honestly, I really like that I can't sit through an appointment with her without talking about my faith. Having it be so engrained into who I am makes me extremely happy.

Thank goodness for people who are smarter than me!

2 comments:

  1. You got this NatLew!! You have so much good in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are smiling today! great day! I am thinking of you and remembering you in my prayers love you so much.
    Krazy Bozzo

    ReplyDelete