Sunday, July 7, 2013

Why I'm Happy

So a lot of the time, I feel like myself. I start to feel whole again. Life is good, fancy free, no worries. Then out of nowhere...I'll be driving home, stopped at a red light. And I can't breathe, I feel like I'm falling apart. What the ???

So I'm headed up to girls camp this week to slave away in the kitchen. So stoked! I also got asked to speak for a few minutes at a workshop. Guess what my topic is? Staying faithful while in the midst of trials. Hah. Yeah I got a good chuckle out of that too.

So you'd think that I'd be used to "the questions." And I am, for the most part, but once in awhile Rosie will get a little weepy when kind, well meaning people ask. 

I just started a new book today called The Anatomy of Peace. There's a lot to it, but so far the big theme is "Seeing people as people, not as objects." So when someone encourages me to get back on my mission, I can see them as the kind, encouraging human that they are. Rather than a jerk face object whose trying to tell me how to live my life.

I know that this post has been skadawompus, but that's kind of how life is eh?

Let's not be afraid of life's imperfections shall we? I'm choosing to embrace them, make the most of every moment I'm given and do whatever Heavenly Father asks.

And that's why I'm happy. 

4 comments:

  1. I love you Natalie! You are a happy, BEAUTIFUL young woman and I am BLESSED to call you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My beautiful niece Natalie, I truly believe that mental illness runs in the Lewis family. Since 1989 I have been dealing with depression and anxiety. You are in my heart!
    Love Aunt Pooh

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have a LOVELY smile :) have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I. Love. This. The end. Love you, sis!
    -Rigalicious

    ReplyDelete