Sunday, March 16, 2014

Voice of Reason

I'm thankful for people who love me enough to tell me no.
The other night, I was in a state.
In desperate need of a
"Voice of Reason."
 
VofR: Hello.
Me: It's a bad idea for me to drive my car into a wall, or a pole right?
VofR: Yes. That's a very bad idea.
Me: Yeah.
VofR: Wanna know why?
Me: Yes.
VofR: If you do that, you'll hurt yourself.
Me: And that's bad...
VofR: Yes, Nat that's very bad. And you'll also hurt me.
Me: Oh. I don't want to do that. So...I'll just drive home.
VofR: Yes, drive home and you can punch your pillow.
Me: If I wear my boxing gloves can I punch a wall?
VofR: Yes. If you wear your boxing gloves you can punch a wall.
 
 
Like. I don't need that all the time.
In fact, it'd been months since I was this low.
Just goes to show that there's no such thing as "beating" a mental illness.
It's always going to be there, you just have to prepared.
Keep adding things to your tool box so when times of crisis come...you don't drive your car into a wall.

1 comment:

  1. love you. hugs from me. thanks for listening to that VofR, cuz i like havin' you around. :)

    ReplyDelete