Thursday, January 23, 2014

WARNING: MAY NOT MAKE SENSE

It's 3 am. I need to be expressive. There are a lot of people who've told me I could call them in the middle of the night. But this isn't exactly an emergency...not "wake someone up at 3 am emergency." You see....

I'm happy.

Too happy.

It's making me really really anxious, how good I feel.

So how can I call and wake someone up and have this conversation:

"What's wrong?"
"I'm happy!"

Yeah. Sooooo not happening. But I have learned that writing the blog can have the same effect as expressing myself via conversation.

So here goes:

Reasons I Feel Good
-I had my psychology class tonight. LOVE IT.
-The two main characters on my show have finally gotten together.
-I'm excited about the outfit I have picked out for tomorrow.
-I didn't spend all day writhing in emotional pain.

Possible Explanations for this Unprecedented Bout of Anxiety:
-Fear of the good times ending.
-Trying to navigate uncharted waters. Maybe I'm just anxious because I'm out of my comfort zone. Feeling crappy is what I'm used to.
-I don't feel like myself when I'm like this.

Anyone whose never experienced this feeling is going to be baffled by it...but I have the feeling that I'm not the first person in the world to feel this way.

So neither are you.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your happy moments! Hopefully they will become more than "moments" and more full time! We love you Nat:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and yes ... your not alone. I've been there and know what it feels like! Kinda crazy. Years ago the down-ness (if thats a word) last a long long time. One day I woke up and felt crazy happy. I loaded my kids in the car (by myself) and went to Disneyland. I enjoyed the happiness feeling for quite a few days. Was nice! So indulge in something nice for yourself and enjoy your day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a 3 hour time difference from you, so I am more than likely awake this late. Feel free to call me because I am here for you to listen to any conversation you would like to have. I hope the happy moments continue :)

    ReplyDelete