Friday, May 29, 2015

Heroes: Mah

Mom's like to fix things.
It's what they do.
They see a problem, and they fix it.

But what about when your kid comes home early from their mission?
What about when that kid is constantly moving around because that's the only way to not panic?
What about when she cuts off all her hair?

There are no quick fixes for issues such as these.

Sometimes you have to Beatle it out and just LET IT BE.
But that doesn't mean you turn your back on the problem.
On the contrary, you're there, arms outstretched, just in case someone decides to fall into them.

My mama gets this.
Over the past two years she's been my constant.
Constantly there if I need something.
Constantly supporting me in whatever I choose to do.

But not trying to fix.
She lets me feel what I'm feeling.
Lets me go through my process.
Only stepping in when asked.

That couldn't have been easy. 
Who wants to watch their kid suffer?

But my mom has faith in Christ.
And she has faith in me.

My mom loves Christ.
And she loves me.

And that's made all the difference.

1 comment:

  1. Your mom is amazing and so you are you miss Natalie. I love you and miss you

    ReplyDelete