Sunday, September 27, 2015

It's okay man!

Like really. It's okay.
It's okay that I woke up at 8:46 for my 9:00 class.
I got there by 8:58.
It's okay!
Last night I had a great experience at the women's broadcast and dinner with my roommates.
Then I got home, felt ill and laid on the couch crying and writhing in pain.
It's okay!

I've been having to do a LOT more focused and deep breathing these days so I can hold myself together.
IT'S OKAY!

A few times this week, I didn't offer to take my roommates with me to the gym.
I really just needed some alone time to clear my head.
And that's okay!
I have needs. 
And that's okay!!


The other day, I behaved really insensitively towards a girl in my math class.
I felt awful. 
So I tried to make amends, and you know what??
IT'S OKAY!

We all have bad days, weeks, months, years.
We all do things we're not proud of.
We all go through periods of our lives where, LITERALLY, all we're doing is holding on for dear life trying to keep it together.
And guess what?


3 comments:

  1. It really is amazing how much energy we expend chasing and pursuing our expectation of how life should be lived rather than how it is actually lived. Life is full of mistakes and errors, "came close"s and "missed it by that much"es - living is doing these things and continuing through them.

    We all panic a little over the mistakes in our lives and how they fail to line up with the perceived reality of how our day/life should go and that's ok. So long as we realize it's okay. Good insight Nat, keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After a miserable day at work I really needed to read this post and the thoughtful comment from anonymous.
      Please keep writing, both of you!

      Delete
  2. Awesome reminder - everybody needs this!! It's okay!!

    ReplyDelete