Sunday, October 11, 2015

Guys! It's Okay to Lose It!

Sometimes, you'll go a long time without losing your head.
Then you do.
And it sucks.

It had been AT LEAST 6 months since I'd struggled with scary, intrusive thoughts. 
Then last weekend while I was in Utah, I got overwhelmed and my brain started telling me it might be a good idea to run my car into a wall.

NEAT.
LOL NO.

So yeah, I was pretty freaked out.
I pulled into a gas station and called Steven.
And cried. And cried. And cried.
Then I texted Mr. T just to check in what had happened.

The worst part about the whole thing was this feeling of regression.
Like all my hard work for the last 1.5 years meant nothing.
But guess what folks?
THAT'S A WHORE-MOUTHED LIE!!!!!!

Progression is progression is progression.
Slips will happen.
Mistakes will happen.
Losing your crap will happen.

But that in NO way, shape or form diminishes your progress. 
Just shovel the crap back up and keep on trucking.

You're doing so great.
So much better than you think.

1 comment:

  1. Nat! I am so proud of how far yout have come in the last 1.5 years. Dj and I love and miss you

    ReplyDelete