Sunday, December 15, 2013

It's Okay to Grieve

The grieving process doesn't just apply to losing a loved one. Sometimes we have to mourn the loss of an experience.

Tonight I was encompassed by a wave of grief as I pondered the fact that I wasn't supposed to be home this Christmas. Yes of course there are endless perks to being home this time of year. Especially getting to see Baby Lucy. But that doesn't mean I have to deny my loss.

It's okay to mourn.
It's okay to grieve.

But once you're done, stand up and count your blessings.

Here was tonight's grieving process:

*Cry on mom's lap.
*Cry in solitude with Stanley my teddy bear.
*Say a sincere prayer through my tears.
*Call Jessica.
*Smile because I am so dang blessed.

And you know what?

I feel so much better.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN. I have been struggling with not being able to get pregnant. We have been trying for 14 months and sometimes I think "so many people wait so much longer- I have no reason to be sad!" but then I'm still sad and feel guilty for being sad. Your post reminded me that it's ok to grieve. Infertility is a loss of an experience. A loss of a dream. I was feeling very lonely tonight and you reminded me that I'm not alone and it's ok. Time to pick myself back up. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and your spouse are most definitely in my prayers. Thank you for sharing this with me, it means more than I can say. Merry Christmas!

      Delete