Friday, February 24, 2017

I Don't Believe in Coincidences


It's been a really rough week.
Physically.
Academically.
Emotionally.
Mentally.
Tonight I was feeling especially horrible.
Like I couldn't do anything right and trying was just too hard.

I almost elected to go home and bum around.
But I stuck to the original plan and went to Battle of the Dance with  Banana Crust.
At one point, a girl came on stage to introduce her dance and told us her story.

She had to come home early from her mission.
Because of anxiety.
Depression.
And panic attacks.
Her name was Natalie.

Natalie turned to dance to help her heal.
The routine she performed was meant to demonstrate that beauty can come from pain.
It was absolutely beautiful.
I cried the whole time.
And enthusiastically joined more than half of the auditorium in giving her a much deserved standing ovation.

This was such a gift.
I left that auditorium feeling completely different than I did when I walked in.
I could function again.
I felt loved, valued, and known.

Miracles have not ceased.
Not in my life.
Not in yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment