Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Good Company

Tonight I am truly amazed.
I'm amazed by the amount and variety of triggers I experience.
Generally speaking, my triggers are physical or emotional pain, some social situations, and feeling a lack of control. These are pretty broad and can be broken down into endless facets. Take tonight's triggers for example:

*A small, constant pain in my side.*
*Not receiving things I didn't ask for from people I shouldn't be asking in the first place.*
*Being unable to find a marker cap.*
*Placing my face in the duvet and smelling someone from my past.*

One nice thing about this is the fact that I can pinpoint each trigger. Once upon a time, that was a virtual impossibility. If I can't stop myself from feeling crappy, at least I can know why I'm feeling crappy.

This blog started out as hardcore therapy for me. Anytime I felt severely anxious, depressed, or unsettled, I wrote. Over the years, it's evolved into a place where I share the things I've learned in an effort to buoy up not only  myself but others who face their own demons. Even if it's just a venting post, I try to teach something, to bring some small measure of hope.

Tonight however,  the best I can do is to say that if you feel crappy, overwhelmed, and a little bit crazy right now.....you're in good company.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, friend. Hugs to you.
    I feel like I am getting better at self awareness too. Baby steps.

    ReplyDelete