Monday, August 4, 2014

Dang it! Be NICE!


Fun Fact: Messages written from old trauma determine the way we see current trauma.

Mr. T and I are currently working our way through my trauma egg (basically it's a big oval filled with pictures that represents past experiences) and as I tell each story, we determine what I learned-positive and negative-from that experience. 

So we started today's session by talking about my most current issue: losing my job. 
The big problem with that was the messages that were being written in my mind.

When we got into the trauma egg, I realized that messages written in my head at say..age 10 are still alive and well, effecting the way I view myself and operate today. 

We have to be SO CAREFUL about how we talk to ourselves. One destructive thought breeds another, which breeds another and makes us downright miserable.

WHO EVEN WANTS THAT??
#notthisguy

No comments:

Post a Comment